MTG has increased its ownership in Zoomin.TV, the world’s leading publisher of online video content for Generation Z, from 51% to 100%. MTG took a 51% stake in July 2015 and now acquires the remaining 49%.

Zoomin.TV has been developed by its founders over the last 18 years into one of the worlds leading online video publishing communities. Originally established as FinanceTelevision, a joint venture with KPN and NOB, in 2000 when the arrival of ADSL light made it possible for the internet to ‘carry a video stream’, Zoomin.TV subsequently launched the world’s first ‘pre-roll’ in 2002, and has grown from a local Dutch innovative company into a global online video publisher with operations all over the world. After Germany, Brazil and Mexico, Zoomin.TV is now expanding fast in China.

The Company co-founders Jan Riemens and Bram Bloemberg have now chosen to step down as CEO and CFO, respectively, in order to pursue other opportunities, but will work together with the new management team to ensure a smooth handover. Roger Lodewick has been appointed as the new CEO of Zoomin.TV, and Andreas Walker as the new CFO.

Dutchman Lodewick has over 12 years of experience in the media and entertainment industry, including senior roles with TEAM Marketing and the UEFA Champions League. German born Andreas Walker has worked in the media and digital entertainment industry in Germany, the UK, Sweden and Luxembourg for more than 20 years, including a number of senior roles for MTG, RTL and MTG subsidiary ESL.

Jette Nygard Andersen, Chairman of Zoomin.TV: “Every day, Zoomin.TV delivers hundreds of videos from around the world that inspire Generation Z viewers. These unique stories attract over 3 billion monthly views and have made the company one of the world’s leading online video publishers. Jan and Bram have created and curated an amazing company, which is set to embark on the next stage of its development by building further on its global business potential. We would like to thank them for all that has been achieved and wish them every success in their future endeavours.”

“After all these years and the many successes, the farewell does evoke emotions, but it is good to transfer the management to a new team that will lead Zoomin.TV into a new phase”, Jan Riemens commented.

Roger Lodewick commented: “I am delighted to take on this new role. Zoomin.TV is a great company and an even greater community. So much has been achieved in the last 18 years and I am looking forward to being part of an exciting future for our viewers, our employees and our partners.”

###

For more information please contact:
Gerrit Jan de Roo
Communications Manager
gj.deroo@zoomin.tv