The Brazil Desk at Zoomin.TV is the hub for all the news, stories and video content produced from Brazil and Portuguese-speaking countries, both for international and Brazilian/Portuguese speaking audiences. We feature characters and events that are moving people and driving conversations. We launch livestreams, cover protests and rising movements, profile unsung heroes, artists, politicians, entertainers, celebrities, and thinkers inspiring the world.
Our video content is at the forefront of topics in the news cycle. We tell local stories with a global perspective to Brazilian and Portuguese-speaking audiences through our 7 topical magazines: #LocalHeroes, #First2Know, #FuturePlanets, #Brainchips, #SparkyThoughts, #JustMe and #Beehive.
We are looking for a talented Video Journalist (VJ) Coordinator/Sourcer to be the main source of our stories in Brazil and other Portuguese-speaking countries. You will have the local and international knowledge of the story. The VJ Coordinator will also help us work, grow and manage our extensive network of freelance video journalists, a central part in our overall video production operation.
– Receive, request and manage story pitches coming from video journalists for our seven magazines.
– Engage and interact with our community of VJ’s and source stories from them on a daily basis.
– Work in close collaboration with the Brazilian editorial team.
– Manage and expand the existing VJ’s network in Brazil and Portuguese-speaking countries.
– Manage the Social Media accounts of Zoomin.TV Brazil
– Assist the Brazil desk in finding, troubleshooting and booking video journalists for assignments across Brazil and Portuguese-speaking countries.
– Recruit new freelance video journalists and continue to expand our network.
– Handle invoices, sign-in documents and agreements with VJs and update all spreadsheets related to VJs for the Brazilian team.
– Give feedback and manage press accreditation and VJ access for assignments, when needed, in coordination with the relevant teams at Zoomin.TV.
– Knowledge of video production, video equipment and video-related terminology.
– Approx. 2 years work experience as a coordinator or producer.
– A flare for video production and familiarity with the elements of storytelling as well as the process of pitching and pre-producing digital video stories.
– Experience with editing is a plus.
– Strong organizational and communication skills as well as attention to detail.
– Ability to multitask and work to a deadline.
– An excellent team player.
– Excellent networking skills.
– Great understanding of social media platforms.
– Native level Portuguese speaker preferred and fluent English speaking and writing skills.
– Ability and documentation to work in Europe.
– A challenging and multifaceted position
– A dynamic young and international environment in the heart of Amsterdam
– Every opportunity to develop yourself: in the future, we will have more production in other lands of the Community of Portuguese Language Countries: Portugal, Angola, Cape Verde, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Macau, Mozambique, São Tomé and Príncipe, Timor-Leste.
Are you interested in joining our dynamic international team in Amsterdam? Send your resume and cover letter in English to Fábio Viana, Editor-in-Chief Brazil and Portuguese-speaking Countries, by clicking APPLY.
Zoomin.TV is one of the leading video-publishing companies in Europe. In just over 10 years Zoomin.TV has become one of the world’s leading producers of online video. Zoomin.TV publishes around 400 videos daily in twenty languages on more than 2,500 channel sites all around the world.