Here at Zoomin we’re passionate about enriching and broadening our Gen Z’s lives through inspiring, emotionally compelling and empowering content. We’ve been doing this since 2001 and grew to a company of over 200 people, with over 35 nationalities and offices in Europe, Latin America and Asia.
We’re growing fast and changed to a new management a couple of months ago and are fully part of Swedish stock listed and leading international digital entertainment group: Modern Times Group.
Together with our 3000+ video journalist around the world, we’re producing 400+ premium videos a month, in 18 languages, distributed over more than 2000 publishing websites resulting in over 3 billion views a month. This is also why we work with all the major advertisers and media agencies around the world.
We Dare. Care. Share. And for our Headquarters in Amsterdam are looking for a smart, bold, fun and engaging person to join our Zoomin family. Become our new
The finance department (6 employees) is creating structure and working towards more control after a period of fast growth. Together with the Controller and the other finance colleagues you will professionalize this further. Your focus is on standardizing and streamlining the monthly/quarterly closing and reporting processes.
What we want you to do and be responsible for:
You think along with the Global Head of Finance and Business Controller in HQ but also work closely together with the head office in Sweden. This means working toward tight deadlines while improving the quality of closing processes and accuracy of reporting. International experience is therefore of great importance. Furthermore, you will get started with:
- Preparing journal entries
- Preparing monthly financial reports and statements
- Preparing and submitting financials through the consolidation tool (Cognos)
- Analyzing monthly, quarterly, and annual variances (trends)
- Reconciling balance sheet accounts
- Initiating and improving processes
- Providing information to the parent organization
- Supporting the team with audits
What you need to bring to the table:
- Bachelor or Master level degree in a relevant field
- 3-5 years of relevant job experience
- Proven experience in reporting and good knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Outstanding skills using accounting software (Excel / ERP systems / accounting SW)
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a problem-solving attitude
- Lead by example and strive to innovate, inspire and ignite
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability of multi-tasking and handling heavy workload in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent communication skills; must be able to work in cross functional international team environment
- Fluent in English
Did we catch your attention?
Then become part of our family and use this unique opportunity to develop a truly international career and send your CV and cover letter.
To apply for this job email your details to A.firstname.lastname@example.org