Here at Zoomin.TV we’re passionate about enriching and broadening our Gen Z’s lives through inspiring, emotionally compelling and empowering content. We’ve been doing this since 2000 and grew to a company of over 200 people, with over 30 nationalities and offices in Europe, Latin America and Asia.
We’re growing fast, we are under new management since a couple of months and are fully part of Swedish stock listed and leading international digital entertainment group Modern Times Group.
Together with our 3,000+ video journalists around the world, we’re producing hundreds of premium videos each month, in 18 languages, distributed over more than 2’000 publishing websites resulting in over 3 billion views a month. This is also why we work with all the major advertisers and media agencies around the world.
We Dare. Care. Share. and for our Headquarters in Amsterdam are looking for a smart, bold, fun and engaging person to join our Zoomin family. Are you becoming our new:
As the Commercial Lawyer you will have the unique opportunity to be leading the contract negotiations with publishers, OTT, media and telecom companies. You will be an integral member of our Legal team and will assume responsibility for specific project areas. This will involve the provision of legal and solutions-driven support for all aspects our business.
What we like you to do and be responsible for:
• Drafting & negotiating commercial contracts – in particular, media rights agreements
• Providing legal advice, guidance and solution-based recommendations to our Sales and Account Management Departments
• Monitoring legal developments in key markets
• Developing, building and maintaining strong relationships with current and future media partners
• Providing broad-ranging commercially-focused legal advice to internal clients
• Working closely with Sales and Marketing teams in respect of sales and rights delivery
In this role, you will also be afforded the opportunity to gain exposure in other commercial agreements, like branded content and advertising deals.
What you need to bring to the table:
• University level degree
• 3-5 years of relevant job experience
• Extensive track record of dealing with high value and global media agreements
• Able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
• Good understanding of IP and competition law issues
• Excellent negotiation and relationship management skills
• A good understanding of intellectual property issues
• The ability to work both autonomously and as a part of a team
Experience of drafting and negotiating premium Media and Online rights agreements in English (whether in an in-house or private practice or commercial environment) is essential for this role. You must also have a professional qualification entitling you to practice law.
Previous experience in (Commercial) Media Marketing, Online, TV, media and/or sponsorship activities is a strong preference.
Did we catch your attention?
Then become part of our family and use this unique opportunity to develop a truly international career and send your CV and covering letter to Angelina van Groezen, Director of Operations HQ.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org